Travel from the Adriatic to the Mediterranean with this Italian gourmet hamper. We've handpicked some of the most iconic local foods from Venice and Liguria. Gift wrapped in a gingham tea towel, this set brings together the best of two coasts.
In this gift set you'll find:
- Hand-wrapped bigoli pasta (500g). This traditional Venetian pasta is similar to spaghetti but thicker and with a textured surface, perfect for holding sauces.
- Taggiasca olive oil (250ml). The Taggiasca olive has been grown in Liguria for centuries. This olive oil is made by a local family producer, that has been making olive oils since 1868.
- Green Genovese pesto (180g). Pesto is synonymous with Liguria. This green pesto comes for a small family business and is made with the finest olive oil, basil and pine nuts.
- Bussolà butter biscuits (250g). These ultimate butter biscuits have been made on the Venetian island of Burano for over 500 years. We get ours from a bakery run by the legendary Carmelina Palmesino.
- Zaleti biscuits with raisins (250g). Zaleti biscuits are a typical Venetian biscuit. Like our bussolà biscuits, these are made by a local bakery from Venice.
- Pair of blue tapered candles from a historic Italian candle maker (25cm)
- Navy blue gingham tea towel (70x50cm). Made in Italy from 100% cotton.
Suitable for vegetarians. Some items contain nuts. If you have any doubts or queries regarding allergies, please do get in touch with us.
Want to add a bespoke gift message? Select the option 'gift message' at check-out and we'll add a handwritten message on a beautiful small post card from Italy.
Curious about some of the stories behind the products in this set? Then check out our blog. Find out, for instance, how to make the ultimate bigoli pasta dish and how gingham came to be associated with Italian dining tables.