Can't go to Venice? Let Venice come to you. With this gourmet set, you'll bring the flavours of one of the world's most mesmerising cities to your home.
Wrapped in a reusable cloth, this set comes with a carefully curated range of 6 products that are typical from Venice and the Veneto region:
- Handwrapped bigoli pasta (500g) from the Venetian town of Bassano del Grappa. This pasta, known locally as bigoli de Bassan, is made of two simple ingredients: durum wheat and water. It's similar to spaghetti but thicker and with a more uneven surface, so that it perfectly absorbs sauces.
- Cream of white asparagus sauce (190g). White asparagus are a traditional produce of the Veneto region. There's nothing more Venetian than bigoli pasta with white asparagus sauce.
- Cream of radicchio sauce (190g). Made of red-leaf chicory, this sauce has Venice written all over it. Served with bigoli pasta, it makes for a quintessentially Venetian dish.
- Bussolà butter biscuits (250g) from the Venetian island of Burano. These ultimate butter biscuits have been made on Burano for over 500 years. We get ours from a family bakery run by the legendary Carmelina Palmesino.
- Zaleti biscuits with raisins (250g) from Burano. Zaleti biscuits are a typical Venetian biscuit. Like the bussolà biscuits, they are made by a local bakery from Venice.
- A navy blue chequered cloth (70x50cm) custom made in Italy, which can be reused as a tea towel.
All food items in this set are suitable for vegetarians.
Want to add a bespoke gift message? Select the option 'gift message' at check-out and we'll add a handwritten message on a beautiful small post card from Italy.
UK delivery: 3-5 working days.