Hyper local is coming home. Over the past couple of months we have had the opportunity to explore traditional local products from closer to home. This hamper brings together some of our favourite finds from across England. Get ready for a hyper local English summer.
This set comes with 5 traditional English products, beautifully wrapped in paper wrapping with an iconic design by the 19th century English designer William Morris. Includes:
- Traditional tea caddy with 50 golden tea bags from Ringtons. This family business from Newcastle first started selling teas in 1907
- Fruit cake from Botham's in Whitby (300g). Female entrepreneur Elizabeth Botham founded this Yorkshire bakery in 1865
- Grantham Gingerbread biscuits from Hawkens (115g). Thanks to local baker Alastair Hawken, this centuries old gingerbread recipe from the Lincolnshire town of Grantham has been kept alive
- Jane's Marmalade from Dalemain (112g). The signature marmalade from the Dalemain estate in Cumbria, where the Hasell family has been making marmalades since 1679
- The Bishop's Marmalade from Dalemain (112g). Both sweet and tangy, this marmalade is based on a recipe from the 1660s, originally created for the Bishop of Carlisle
The food items in this set are suitable for vegetarians.
Expiry date of Grantham gingerbread biscuits: 31 October 2021
Want a bespoke gift message? Select the option 'gift message' at check out and we'll add your message of choice handwritten on a beautiful small post card.
UK delivery 3-5 days.