Celebrate the sunny season with this gourmet set full of Italian goodness. We've made a selection of some of the most exquisite products from northern Italy, including luxury chocolates from Turin's most famous chocolatier, traditional Venetian biscuits, and a specialty Colomba bread that can be found on many an Italian table at this time of the year. Perfect as a gift to treat others or yourself.
Wrapped beautifully in a mustard yellow gingham table runner, this set includes 8 artisan items, all made in Italy:
- Extra large Colomba sweet bread (1000g) from Baj, one of Milan's oldest and most renown confectioners. This sweet, bird-shaped bread is based on the panettone recipe, but with added almonds, hazelnuts and candied orange. Baj has been around since 1768 and its colomba is made with a 100-year-old mother dough. Expiry date: October 2021
- Small bag of cremino hazelnut chocolates (60g) from Baratti & Milano. It was Turin-based Baratti & Milano who invented this layered chocolate in the 1800s. It's still their most iconic and sought-after delicacy today
- Gianduja hazelnut chocolate bar (75g) from Baratti & Milano. This silky smooth hazelnut chocolate was first created in Turin in the 1800s and it's just irresistibly good.
- Jar of extra cherry jam from Chiaverini Florence (400g). The Chiaverini brothers started making their now-famous jams in 1928 and they have since gained regional fame. Produced in Tuscany.
- Bussolà butter biscuits (250g) from the Venetian island of Burano. These ultimate butter biscuits have been made on Burano for over 500 years. We get ours from a family bakery run by the legendary Carmelina Palmesino.
- Small paper box of handmade sweet pastilles with orange blossoms flavour from Leone (41g). These unique pastiles were first created at the end of the 1800s and were named after the Prince of Naples.
- Pair of cream/ivory candles from an Italian family business that has been making candles since 1908.
- Mustard yellow chequered cloth (150x50 cm) custom made in Italy, which can be repurposed as a table runner.
All food items in this set are suitable for vegetarians. Some of the food items contain nuts.
Want to add a bespoke gift message? Select the option 'gift message' at check-out and we'll add a handwritten message on a beautiful small post card from Italy.
UK delivery: 3-5 working days.